Although extensively studied and FDA approved, breast implants require maintenance. Replacing old implants requires skill and experience, often even more than for the original procedure.
Dr. Orringer believes that every patient is unique and it is his goal to provide individualized, personalized evaluation and treatment accordingly.
Why Revision Surgery Might Be Necessary
As implants age and our bodies change, implant revision might become necessary or desired.
The following are some of the common reasons Dr. Orringer sees patients for breast augmentation revision:
- The need to replace a ruptured implant
- The original implant size no longer matches your body or current aesthetic taste
- Newer silicone implants, including the newest “gummy bear” implants might improve appearance over older saline implants
- Scar tissue formaton called capsular contracture can result in a less natural feel and appearance that might be improved with revision breast augmentation
- Over time, implant position might have lowered or shifted more to the side
- Surface irregularities, such as rippling of older saline or gel implants, might be improved wiih newer revision breast augmentation techniques, including use of the more cohesive “gummy bear” implants
If you are considering undergoing revision of your breast augmentation surgery, please call double board-certified Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Jay Orringer at 310-273-1663 for an individualized consultation. Dr. Orringer strongly believes that education, evaluation, and discussion regarding your unique situation, goals, and expectations are very important in making an informed and comfortable decision.
We welcome patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Hollywood, California, nationally, and internationally. For information regarding arranging your stay in the Beverly Hills area for your consultation and procedure, please see our visitor information page.