We all start developing signs of facial aging as we get older. No matter how diligently you maintain a healthy lifestyle and utilize skin care treatments, the wear and tear of sun exposure, gravity, and general aging will eventually impact your appearance. If you would like to reverse some of these signs of aging, a facelift might be the best option to potentially achieve your goals.
While there are a wide range of non-surgical skin rejuvenation options available, the facelift remains an effective procedure in terms of potentially delivering, more notable and longer lasting results. Dr. Jay Orringer will tailor your facelift procedure to address your unique needs. To receive individualized recommendations from our double board certified plastic surgeon, please contact our Beverly Hills office to schedule a facelift consultation.
Am I a Candidate for a Facelift?
Ideal facelift candidates are in good general health and have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of their procedure. In addition, you may be a good candidate for a facelift if you would like to improve one or more of the following issues:
- Loose, sagging skin and excess fat beneath the chin and neck
- Drooping cheeks
- Banding in the neck
Your Customized Facelift Options
Dr. Orringer takes an individualized approach to all facelift procedures. During your consultation, he will perform a thorough examination in order to arrive at a treatment plan aimed at achieving your desired results.
Depending on your unique concerns and goals, Dr. Orringer may recommend one of the following facelift techniques or a combination:
- Standard Facelift – This addresses redundant skin of the face and neck and often excess fat of the neck. In addition, aged appearing muscle bands in the neck are often addressed. A neck lift is usually done as part of the facelift procedure. Doing one without the other often leaves the part that was not rejuvenated looking less youthful and disharmonious.
- Extended SMAS Lift – This technique is usually done at the time of the skin tightening and provides a tightening of the soft tissues beneath the skin of the face such as the muscle cover called the SMAS and the platysma muscle which extends from the neck onto the face. This usually helps to re-elevate fat that has descended over time, creating a more aged appearance.
- Facial Fat Grafting – Fat is harvested from a donor site on your body and injected into your facial region to potentially restore lost volume, improve the appearance of wrinkles, and achieve a more youthful appearance. This is often done in combination with a facelift.
In some instances, Dr. Orringer may also recommend one or more of the following procedures in conjunction with a facelift to potentially achieve enhanced results:
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Brow lift
It is important to understand that complete elimination of all signs of aging is not achieved. Dr. Orringer’s goal with a facelift is a rejuvenation that still has you looking like yourself, but more rested and potentially more youthful in appearance.
Please contact Dr. Jay Orringer at The Renaissance Medical Center for Aesthetic Surgery, Inc. to schedule your facelift consultation today. We serve patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, and Hollywood, California, nationally, and internationally.