Many women suffer from large heavy breasts that make them both uncomfortable and self-conscious. If you are experiencing this, you may benefit from a breast reduction procedure. Often, patients who undergo a breast reduction note an improvement in their symptoms and quality of life.
If you are interested in reducing your breast size in order to achieve lighter and shapelier breasts, please contact Dr. Jay Orringer at 310-273-1663 to schedule your consultation.
Might Breast Reduction Benefit You?
Large and heavy breasts can cause a number of issues. You may want to consider a breast reduction procedure if the following apply to you:
- Chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain: Heavy breasts can cause strain of the back, neck, and shoulders resulting in chronic pain that you feel every time you are upright.
- Difficulty exercising: Exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle, but overly large and heavy breasts can cause considerable difficulty when attempting to perform activities such as jogging, dancing, and other sports.. Reducing your breast size can allow you to find sports bras that are much more effective in providing support.
- Posture issues: It can be difficult to maintain good posture with breasts that are too heavy. These postural changes can be associated with both upper and lower back painand neck pain.
- Unwanted attention: Overly large breasts are difficult to minimize, and may lead to unwanted attention. If you are bothered by this, you might wish to consider breast reduction.
- Irritation, chafing, or rashes under the breasts: Significantly sagging breasts can lead to sweat and chafing, which in turn can result in irritation and even rashes underneath the breasts. Short-term solutions such as baby powder may help transiently, but breast reduction may be the only long-term solution.
- Difficulty finding clothes that fit right: If you are constantly discouraged by how difficult it is to find tops, bras, and swimsuits that fit well and are flattering, you may want to consider a breast reduction.
Breast reduction surgery has a consistently high patient satisfaction rate, as it may address both medical and aesthetic concerns. Not only might you find relief from back pain and bra straps digging into the shoulders, a breast reduction may also reshape the breast, often creating a perkier, more youthful appearance.
Schedule Your Breast Reduction Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about breast reduction, please contact Dr. Jay Orringer today at 310-273-1663 to schedule your consultation. He will listen to your concerns and help you to arrive at an individualized plan.
We serve patients in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica, and other areas of California, as well as patients nationally and internationally.