Dr. Jay Orringer has decades of experience as a plastic surgeon, and he understands the concerns and questions you might have when considering breast augmentation surgery. This is a major decision, and Dr. Orringer feels that you should take the necessary time to be comfortable with your decision.
Important Information About Breast Implants
The following is a list of important things you should know about breast implant surgery as you do your research.
- Your choice of plastic surgeon matters: Although breast augmentation is one of the more common cosmetic procedures in the world, the skill and experience of your surgeon matters a great deal. There's no substitute for extensive experience and attention to detail from the person performing your procedure. In addition, it is important to know your surgeon’s board-certification and society affiliation. A member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons must be board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Orringer is certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. Both of these Boards are member boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties and both require accredited residencies prior to certification of a physician.
- Silicone breast implants require maintenance: They have been extensively studied and are approved by the FDA. Newer generation implants are more cohesive and “gummy bear-like.” They may provide better outcomes, particularly in more difficult situations of thinner tissues. Still, implants require maintenance over time, and this must be considered in your decision-making.
- You can customize your choice of breast implants: One of the advantages of today’s selection of breast implants is a wide range of sizes, dimensions, and consistency. You will provide input with regard to your preferred implant type, size, and incision location.
- Bigger is not always better: Size is obviously an important consideration for women who wish to have breast implants placed. Dr. Orringer believes that every patient is unique in her goals and expectations and will work with you to try to find an implant size and style that appears consistent with your body form and goals.
- Recovery is important: If you're like most of our patients, you're probably eager to get back to your work and social schedule after receiving breast implants. While it is important to allow time for optimal healing, Dr. Orringer believes it is beneficial to start moving early, and he will advise you regarding your pace of return to normal activities such as exercise.
If you are considering breast augmentation surgery, please call double board-certified Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Jay Orringer at 310-273-1663for an individualized consultation. Dr. Orringer strongly believes that education, evaluation, and discussion regarding your unique situation, goals, and expectations are very important in making an informed and comfortable decision.
We welcome patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Hollywood, California, as well as from across the United States and internationally. For information regarding arranging your stay in the Beverly Hills area for your consultation and procedure, please see our visitor information page.